Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing relief assistance
- Visiting incident sites.
- Conducting District Executive Committee (DEC) Meetings.
- Updating District Disaster Management Plan(DDMP).
- Conducting verification for issuing NOC for Earth Cutting.
- Relief assistance provided to victims whose houses/crops/livestock are damaged by Fire/Landslides/Flood/Earthquake etc.
- Payment of Ex-gratia amount as per SDRF norms to the next of kin (NOK) after submission of all relevant documents.
- NOCs for registration of schools/Coaching Institutes in terms of disaster management.
- Provides assistance to Covid-19 related cases.
- Imparting awareness generation programmes.
- Issuance of NOCs for Earth Cutting after proper Site verification.
- Training of community volunteers for assistance during any disaster.
Toll Free No of Emergency Operating Centre (EOC) -1077
Disaster Management Committee at the District Level:
The District Disaster Management Committee (DDMC) came into existence because of the frequent occurrence of disasters in the district. The primary aim of the committee is to have proper coordination among all the line departments. The Deputy Commissioner is the Chairman or District Disaster Manager of the DDMC and the district level response is coordinated under his guidance. The District Disaster Management Committee exists to assist the Deputy Commissioner in
- Reviewing the threats of disaster
- Analyzing the vulnerability of the district to such disasters
- Evaluating the preparedness and
- Considering suggestions for the improvement of the District Disaster Management Plan
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMMITTEE
- To educate the public on different flood and other man-made or natural hazards
- What protective steps should be taken to minimize impact of disasters
- To make arrangements for emergency action
- To effect evacuation from the affected villages when necessary
- Rescue and Rehabilitation
- Post disaster action and review
IF ANY DISASTER STRIKES PERTAINING TO MONSOON, THE DENIZENS OF CAPITAL COMPLEX MAY CALL TO THE following emergency Helpline nos
DIAL TOLL FREE NO. 1077 (Only for BSNL Users)
CALL US AT
“Be prepared, be aware, be ready”